When it comes to the safety of its driver and passengers, Honda cars are among the safest vehicles on the road. Not only does the company place top priority on the safety of its cars’ occupants, but it also makes sure that all its vehicles come equipped with an exclusive suite of standard safety technologies known as Honda Sensing®.
If you’re curious to know what Honda Sensing® is all about and what standard safety features come under it, keep reading this blog post from Capital Honda in Charlottetown, PE and find out how these helpful technologies keep you and your family safe when you’re driving.
What is Honda Sensing®?
Honda Sensing® is Honda’s exclusive suite of intelligent safety and driver-assist technologies that, as the name suggests, sense when something is amiss while you’re driving and react to the situation while alerting you to act quickly.
Standard Honda Sensing® Technologies
The standard Honda Sensing® Safety Suite includes the following safety technologies:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) – This technology applies brake pressure to your Honda vehicle whenever it detects an unavoidable collision, thereby mitigating the chances of a collision.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) – As the name suggests, this technology can help your Honda stay on the road by alerting you when it detects that you have crossed a detected lane without signaling and then adjusting the steering and braking if needed.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) – When Adaptive Cruise Control is active, it can detect the traffic conditions and maintain a set following interval behind detected vehicles by adjusting the speed of your Honda.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – Uses a camera sensor to detect the lane and adjusts the steering to keep it centered in the detected lane.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) – Uses a small camera to detect the posted speed limits and alerts you when you cross the speed limit.
While these standard Honda Sensing® technologies are helpful tools to have access to when driving your Honda, they can never replace the good habits you’ve formed while learning to drive. So, we at Capital Honda urge you to follow the traffic rules and speed limits to keep yourself and your family safe on the road.
Find a Honda vehicle with Honda Sensing® in Charlottetown, PE
If you’re looking for a new Honda car with the standard Honda Sensing® Suite in Charlottetown, PE, then check out the new Honda cars inventory at Capital Honda. You can also visit or call us to schedule a test drive or to know more about the other features available on your next Honda. Have a nice day and drive safe!